Nuclear Physics 301503363
Instructor Saed Dababneh Homepage
Course email: email@example.com (Please use only this email account for the purpose of this course).
General course content
• Introduction and terminology.
• Nuclear properties.
• Binding energy and nuclear stability.
• Spin, parity and moments.
• Nuclear forces.
• The structure of the nucleus.
• Nuclear models.
• Nuclear reactions: energetics and general cross-section behavior.
• Neutron moderation, fission and fusion.
• Introductory Nuclear Physics by K. S. Krane.
Quizzes and HWs
· Sun. Tue. Thu. 12:00-13:00
• Homeworks are due after one week unless otherwise announced.
• Remarks or questions marked in red in the presentations, without being announced as Homeworks, should be also seriously considered!
• Some tasks can (or should) be sent by email.
• Monday, September 17th: Read Chapter One (Basic Concepts).
• Thursday, November 8th: First Exam.
Lecture Notes and Exams